Sunday, April 8, 2012

John Prine - Crazy As A Loon

John Prine - Crazy As A Loon Tube. Duration : 5.17 Mins.


Song off John Prine's Album: Fair & Square Lyrics: Back before I was a movie star Straight off of the farm I had a picture of another man's wife Tattooed on my arm With a pack of Camel cigarettes In the sleeve of my tee shirt I'm headin' out to Hollywood Just to have my feelings hurt That town will make you crazy Just give it a little time You'll be walking 'round in circles Down at Hollywood and Vine You'll be waitin' on a phone call At the wrong end of a broom Yes, that town'll make you crazy Crazy as a loon So, I headed down to Nashville To become a country star Every night you'd find me hangin' At every honky-tonk and bar Pretty soon I met a woman Pretty soon she done me wrong Pretty soon my life got sadder Than any country song That town will make you crazy Just give it a little time You'll be walking 'round in circles Lookin' for that country rhyme You'll be waitin' on a phone call At the wrong end of a broom Yea, that town'll make you crazy Crazy as a loon So, I gathered up my savvy Bought myself a business suit I headed up to New York City Where a man can make some loot I got hired Monday morning Downsized that afternoon Overcome with grief that evening Now I'm crazy as a loon So I'm up here in the north woods Just staring at a lake Wondering just exactly how much They think a man can take I eat fish to pass the time away 'Neath this blue Canadian moon This old world has made me crazy Crazy as a loon Lord, this world will make you crazy Crazy as a loon

Tags: John, Prine, John Prine, Fair, Square, Fair and Square, Fair & Square, Crazy As A Loon, Bright Eyes, Bright Eyes Cover

No comments:

Post a Comment